Entrance Gate number: Due to Covid 19 there is no need to enter a code, the entrance gates will automatically open
Club address: Sunningdale Golf Club, Ridgemount Road, Sunningdale, Berkshire, SL5 9RR
Club website: www.sunningdale-golfclub.co.uk Tel: 01344 621681
Package Includes: Tea/Coffee & bacon roll, Danish pastry on arrival, complimentary food & drink in the halfway house am & pm, range balls, one round am, plated three course lunch between rounds, one round pm, afternoon tea after pm round, prizes for am, pm & 36-hole competitions.
There is no need to change into a jacket & tie at any point during the day.
How will Covid 19 affect the day at Sunningdale?
· The locker rooms will not be in use so you are advised to arrive in your golf clothing and change your shoes in the car park.
· The men’s toilets in the locker rooms will be available and the ladies’ toilet will be in the clubhouse. You must not leave anything in the locker rooms
· The club insists that scorecards will be handed out by the starters on the first tee.
Player’s must not swap scorecards. You will mark one of your playing competitor’s scores and your own and then check the scores after your round and before handing in your playing partner’s card. You are not required to sign your own scorecard as the Player but you are required to sign your playing partner’s card as the Marker.
· Scorecards must be put in the box on the registration desk asap after your round.
· Bunkers will be in play but there will be no rakes. You can prefer your lie within the bunker within 6 inches & no nearer the hole. After playing your stroke you must smooth the sand using your feet and / or club.
· The flagstick must remain in the hole and players must not touch the flagstick with their hand. A player can request to have the flagstick pulled back by using a putter head if the flag is ‘against’ them ie leaning to the side of the hole from where they are putting from.
· At all times players must maintain the appropriate social distancing.
Tee Times: The draw for Thursday will be on the website by 5.00pm on Monday. We are playing The Old & The New Courses. Half the field will play The Old Course in the morning and half will play The New Course and vice versa in the afternoon.
Play will be in threeballs from the first tee on both courses and the first tee time is 8.28am with the last matches teeing off at approx. 9.40am.
The afternoon round will start at 2.04pm
Registration: The registration desk will be set up in the Critchley Room in the clubhouse from 7.30am.
Practice facilities: There is a practice range and balls are included.
Caddies / Buggies / Electric trolleys: Must be booked in advance via the Caddiemaster on 01344 626064
Halfway house: Food and drink in the halfway house is included in your package both AM & PM.
Scoring Format: Play will be in threeballs and the scoring format will be Individual Stableford with full handicap allowance. The maximum handicap limits will be 24 for men and 36 for ladies.
CONGU Qualifier: This event will be a CONGU handicap qualifying event so you will need to know your exact playing handicap when you check in. A Competition Standard Scratch Score will be calculated and handicaps will be amended according to CONGU guidelines.
CDH number: All new competitors must provide their CDH number. This is the unique number issued to each golf club member by their Home Golf Union and it enables us to check your handicap and for your handicap to be updated following SAGT events.
Prizes: Each round will be a separate competition and both will count towards the Order of Merit. There will be prizes for the first, second and third place. There will be no presentation on the day and prizes will be in the form of SAGT vouchers which will be put into your account / locker.
1st prize £100 2nd prize £70 3rd prize £50
Nearest the Pin: England Golf guidelines do not permit the running of Nearest the Pin Competitions in the current Covid 19 situation.
Sweep: Due to the Covid 19 virus we will not be able to collect cash on the day so there will be no sweep.
SAGT Order of Merit: Sunningdale is a Staysure Championship Event and merit points will be awarded on the basis of 105pts to the winner, 104pts for runner up, 103pts for third and so on. To be eligible for merit points you need to be a current member of the Tour for an annual subscription of £40. You can join online at www.sagt.co.uk or call Kelly / Debbie on 0345 466 2222.
Shorts: Shorts must be tailored and socks must be plain white ankle length or knee length.
Dress: No jacket or tie required
GPS range finding equipment: The use of GPS range finding devices is permitted on the Tour.
Late Cancellation: Please note that once we have submitted numbers to the golf club 7 days prior to the event they will make a charge for late cancellation.
Contact on day: David Hughes – 07956 178008 Mike Laney - 07957 816283