International Order of Merit
To view statistics of a competitor simply click on his/her name
How does the International Order of Merit work?
- Only events outside the UK count towards the International OoM
- Merit points are awarded on the basis of 100 to the winner of each event, 99 for 2nd place, 98 for third and so on.
- Any tied scores will be decided by a card play off over the last nine holes as they appear on the scorecard. Merit points are issued based on finishing position.
- Qualification for the Tour Final is based on a competitor’s best seven merit point results during that season.
- On a day when there are two rounds both rounds will count for OoM points.
- In Championship Events merit points are also allocated for the overall 36 hole scores.
- Competitors must be a member of the Global Amateur Golf Tour to be eligible for merit points. The annual membership fee is £40 for 12 months from the date of joining.
Qualification for the Global Amateur Golf Tour Final
A competitor’s best eleven (normally 7 but due to Covid we have combined 2020 & 2021) Order of Merit scores will count towards qualification for the Tour Final
After the last event of the season prior to the Tour Final the following competitors will qualify for the Tour Final:
- 1. The leading two competitors in the Ladies Order of Merit;
- 2. The leading three competitors in the Senior Order of Merit**;
- 3. The top 15 and ties in the Worldwide OoM excluding anyone qualifying in categories 1 – 2 above;
- 4. The top 12 and ties in the UK OoM excluding anyone qualifying in categories 1 – 3 above;
- 5. The top 12 and ties in the International OoM excluding anyone qualifying in categories 1 – 4 above;
** to qualify as a senior competitor in any given year you must have had your 60th birthday before the 1st October, that is at the beginning on the Tour schedule.
Final Order of Merit Positions
The final positions in all five Orders of Merit will be established after the final round of the Tour Final. A competitor’s final OoM position is determined by the total merit points accumulated in his/her best thirteen (normally 9 but due to Covid we have combined 2020 & 2021) results throughout the season including the rounds in the Tour Final. Any tied positions in either Order of Merit following the final round of the Tour Final will be decided by taking into account the competitor’s 14th best merit point score and so on.
International Order of Merit prizes
- The winner of the 2020 / 21 International Order of Merit will win a place in a European event of their choice on the 2022 Tour schedule
- Runner up in the 2020 / 21 International Order of Merit will win a place in a UK event of their choice on the 2022 Tour schedule
- Third place in the 2020 / 21 International Order of Merit will win a place in a one or two day UK event of their choice on the 2022 Tour schedule